Why not try some of our recommended Laptop Repairs Barnsley techniques* below:
- Turning your computer on and off again Nine times out of ten this simple action will repair most of your computer problems.
- Installing the latest Windows Updates New security updates and system patches improve your computers performance and repair security issues with your computer.
- Running a virus checker There are many free online virus checkers available that will repair some of the most common infections. Simply download one of these and scan your computer to find and repair many problems. We Reccomend Total 360 Security Click Here to Download
- Running a malware checker Like viruses, malware will slow your computer down. Simply download one of the many free malware checkers and scan your computer to find and repair faults. We Reccomend Malwarebytes Click Here to Download
- Resetting your Internet browser's settings If browsing the web is slow try resetting your browsers settings. This is a common function usually accessed from within the browser's About or Settings menu.
- Cleaning your temporary files Download CCleaner or other free tools and scan your computer for old temporary files. By freeing up valuable hard disk space you can improve the performance of your computer.
- Turn of start-up items Software that runs automatically when your system starts can significantly slow down your computer. Using CCleaner (mentioned above) you can delete or disable these programs which in turn will make your PC or laptop faster.
- Uninstall all of the software you don't use
- Use the free IOBit Uninstaller to uninstall and remove all of the left over files from software you no longer use. This frees up more hard disk space and will make your computer faster.
- Scanning your hard disk for errors In My Computer, right click on your C drive and select PROPERTIES » TOOLS » ERROR CHECKING. This will scan your hard disk for errors and in most cases will fix any that are found.
- Roll back to a previously working state If your PC or laptop was working and suddenly stopped performing adequately you may be able to roll back your System Settings to an older state. Simply select START » PROGRAM FILES » ACCESSORIES » SYSTEM TOOLS » SYSTEM RESTORE and pick a restore point from a date when you know your computer was working properly.
If after using these techniques your computer is still inoperable, slow or difficult to use and you are a business user, please contact Exaltra Ltd to discuss how we can help protect your business from future IT problems. *.
Despite the fact that the laptop repairs barnsley techniques listed here represent the most common methods of fixing a computer or laptop, Exaltra Ltd accept no responsibility for any damage caused by these techniques and provide no guarantees as to their success.