Domain RegistrationGet more out of your domain name
Once you've bought your domain name from Exaltra, you can instantly add web hosting and email hosting to bring your domains to life. If you're not quite ready to use your domains, you can easily 'park' them until you're ready.
If you've got a domain name in mind, simply contact us at email@example.com and we will check if the domain is available. Alternatively, if the domain you desire is not available, we'll make some great domain name suggestions for you to choose from.
If you're not sure which domain names to register, we've put together a few hints and tips to help you choose.
- Domain names can be any length between 3 and 67 characters.
- Domain names are not case sensitive.
- Use hyphens to make domain names easier to read, e.g.
- If your preferred domain name has already been registered, our domain name search tool will provide with some great alternatives for you to consider.
- It's a good idea to register similar domains. For example, if you've already registered yourdomain.co.uk you could also register yourdomain.com and yourdomain.eu to ensure that no one else takes them.
- You could also consider registering domain names with common spelling errors or typos to capture as large an audience as possible.
- You don't need a separate website for each domain name that you register. With UKreg, several domain names can easily be forwarded to the same website.
Which is the right domain name extension for me?
Different domain name types are used for different circumstances. For example, if your website or business is aimed at a UK audience, it makes sense to choose .co.uk.
If you want your website to reach an international audience, you should consider registering your domain name in formats such as .eu and .com. In fact, we suggest you secure your domain name in as many available formats as you can!