How do you get to the top of the Search Listings?
SEO (Search Engine Optimisation)When Exaltra Ltd started “doing” SEO in 2003 it was all about being seen on MSN and Yahoo; Google was the new boy on the block! How times change. Google now processes over 3.5 billion searches per day.
There are many myths about what search engine optimisation is. We at Net Visibility see SEO as being right at the heart of an online marketing strategy and define it as simply making your website “Google Friendly”. Google ask webmasters to follow their design and content guidelines, technical guidelines and most importantly quality guidelines. These are:
- Make pages primarily for users, not for search engines.
- Don’t deceive your users.
- Avoid tricks intended to improve search engine rankings.
- Think about what makes your website unique, valuable, or engaging. Make your website stand out from others in your field.
Our team advises that you build your website for the people who will read it, and do so as if search engines didn’t exist. Content must be the star of your website and the user experience enhanced with links between each page. You also need to update your website frequently and evolve it to become an online authority.
Call our team now on 01226 779888 so we can help you make SEO really work for you.
What’s the point of having a website if you don’t have a medium or long term online strategy?At Exaltra Ltd we don’t have a magic wand (although we continue to be asked to pull the proverbial rabbit out of a hat!). What Exaltra Ltd does have is an understanding of what Google defines as the optimum for a successful website AND social media. We then take your new or existing website and social media channels and work out how they best fit with what Google says it is looking for. Initially, Exaltra Ltd assesses the strength of a company’s online strategy by posing the following questions:
- Does your website generate sales or leads?
- Does your website contain inaccurate or outdated information?
- Are you embarrassed to give out your web address due to poor design?
- Are your competitor’s websites better?
- Does your website confuse visitors?
- Is your website is costing you a fortune?
- Does your website generate web traffic from Google APART from your company name?
- Does your website ignore social networking?
- The website must be well designed, architecturally sound and conform to Google Webmaster Guidelines.
- The website must be frequently updated and evolve to become an online authority containing pages with a good reputation.
- Content must be the star of each page and the user experience enhanced with links between each page.
Exaltra Ltd therefore believes it is an absolute necessity that you should invest in your existing website and make it work harder. The website needs driving forward with quarterly plans developed, signed off and implemented. This evolving website will subsequently attract an increasing volume of web traffic from Google and the other leading internet search engines. The result of an increase in relevant traffic will be an increase in sales leads. Social media will be a key component to the online strategy and will be fully integrated as opposed to merely an adjunct. This will allow you to be seen online as a thought leader. All strategies employed will be undertaken in such a way that as new channels come online they can be easily added to the overall solution.
This is what we do and this is what we are good at!
Contact us today on 01226 779888 or complete our contact form.